Recently I visited a few trendy bathroom showrooms at Waverley and was really impressed by the wide choice of products for contemporary bathroom design. Modern bathrooms have now become personalised, wellness sanctuaries. Here are 5 exciting features that create a modern bathroom.
1. Organic shapes are used for bath, sink and mirror design. Flowing lines make the space feel calm and reminds you of nature, this enhances your feeling of well being.
2. Wood finishes are a feature of bathroom cabinets and for bath trays. This natural material adds warmth to the bathroom, brings nature inside, and makes you feel calm and relaxed.
3. Warm metallic finishes add a touch of glamour and sophistication to the modern bathroom. Metallics are available in polished brass, dark platinum, matt and brushed copper and are available in tap ware, sinks and surprisingly brass can be found inlayed with marble tiles. Warm metallics add a touch of luxury and make the bathroom feel warm and inviting.
4. Elegant pedestal basins are on trend, featuring chrome or wood finished frames with organic shaped basins. This is a great option for small bathroom with a wall mounted organic shaped mirror above.
5. Feature tiles are on trend with either a stone looking porcelain tile or with a natural stone tile.These organic looking tiles will add warmth and tranquility to the bathroom. According to this years biggest interior Design trade fair in Milan, Italy, pastels will be a popular choice for 2018, in particular ‘Millennial Pink’ and ‘Seafood Green’. Both of these colours will have a calming, restful and renewing effect, perfect for a wellness themed bathroom. Here is a couple of Pinterest links to demonstrate how these colours have been used in modern bathrooms.
If you are planning to renovate your bathroom, Zest Interior Design offers a complete bathroom design service. This service includes space planning, selecting materials and finishes, and designing bespoke vanities.
If you want to have a chat about your bathroom renovation, give me a call on 0425 236 480.